[cabfpub] Draft CAA motion

Eric Mill eric at konklone.com
Mon Nov 7 13:27:41 MST 2016

The line "the domain does not use DNSSEC." is a bit tricky, because it's
not possible to reliably discern whether a domain uses DNSSEC (without a
"DNSSEC preload list"). An active attacker could make it appear that the
domain does not support DNSSEC.

Since the CAA spec recommends but does not require the use of DNSSEC, I
think the ballot should either be silent on DNSSEC altogether, or language
about DNSSEC should just specify whether or not DNSSEC connections must be
attempted.

-- Eric

konklone.com | @konklone <https://twitter.com/konklone>