[cabfpub] Membership reinstatements

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Wed May 4 13:18:46 UTC 2016

Is there any reason we have to wait for the next call? We could hold a special 
teleconference for this purpose today, tomorrow, etc and just motion this one 
item if people are concerned about the ballot voting on 168. The bylaws state 
that it has to be done at a teleconference or meeting and that it can be 
decided by consensus.  I don't think there is anything prohibiting the chair 
from calling a special teleconference?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gervase Markham [mailto:gerv at mozilla.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2016 5:02 AM
To: Peter Bowen <pzb at amzn.com>; Ryan Sleevi <sleevi at google.com>
Cc: Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com>; CABFPub <public at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Membership reinstatements

On 04/05/16 01:25, Peter Bowen wrote:
> What do we do about parties who returned their IPR agreements later
> than March 16?  Are they all non-members until the members agree at
> the teleconference or meeting?

I suggest we make a list of all the members about whom there was any doubt 
whatsoever (and for whom that doubt has now been resolved by a submitted IPR 
agreement which is clearly valid), and approve them all on the next call in a 
week's time, using conditional wording which makes no determination on their 
previous status over the last few weeks:

The meeting agrees that the following companies have submitted valid signed 
IPR agreements and that this makes them members of the Forum in good standing: 
A, B, C..."

It would probably be a good idea for the four companies whose agreements are 
slightly non-standard to fix the issues with their agreements before next 
Thursday, and then to be included on that list.

> What do we do about ballots now open for vote?  How is quorum
> calculated and which votes will be counted?

I suggest we don't start the clock on any new ballots until this is resolved.

The only open ballot is your ballot 168, on which voting began yesterday. I 
suggest the best way of dealing with that is to make sure it passes 
overwhelmingly with many votes among people whose status is not in doubt, and 
not worry too much about what the quorum would have been :-)

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5747 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.cabforum.org/pipermail/public/attachments/20160504/ff58ecb0/attachment-0001.p7s>

More information about the Public mailing list