[cabfpub] IPR Exclusion notices

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Tue May 3 17:11:17 UTC 2016

Gerv,
I think you make my point by using the word, "seems" in front of both
conclusions that you draw. Why force participants to draw inexact conclusions
when we can easily fix this with a ballot. Otherwise, you are left with
forcing members to determine if the exclusion was valid or not when it should
be clear and transparent.

I'm actually surprised that our IPR policy, given past and numerous
discussions about making all things CA/B Forum public, only says that the
exclusion notice has to be provided to the Chair. Am I the only one amazed by
that? Am I misinterpreting something?

Dean