[cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri May 13 07:48:07 MST 2016

On 13/05/16 15:40, Tony Rutkowski wrote:
> As an interested outsider here over many
> years whose support included rewriting the
> Guidelines to enable them potentially being
> imported into ITU-T SG17 (which did not occur),
> might I suggest that the reasons given for not
> proceeding seem easily surmountable.

They are being surmounted, we hope, by us forming a Governance Reform
Working Group, which is going to look at the possibility of dividing the
Forum into sections, with separate IPR obligations, membership criteria
etc. so each section can take on a different area of certificate use
without the scope issues.