[cabfpub] Membership reinstatements

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed May 4 06:26:18 MST 2016

On 04/05/16 14:18, Dean Coclin wrote:
> I don't think there is anything prohibiting the chair
> from calling a special teleconference?

No, there isn't. More carefully drafted bylaws might specify that in
ordinary circumstances, a certain amount of notice needs to be given. As
they don't, that is left up to your discretion.

The optics of a hypothetical chairperson posting to the mailing list
calling a meeting at 5 minutes notice, then phoning a few supportive
mates to make sure they attend and can pass whatever needs passing would
not be good. But then, perhaps a week's notice is not necessary.

On the other hand, it seems unlikely that 168 will fail to pass or meet
quorum, so perhaps there's no massive rush.