[cabfpub] Membership reinstatements

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed May 4 02:01:46 MST 2016

On 04/05/16 01:25, Peter Bowen wrote:
> What do we do about parties who returned their IPR agreements later
> than March 16?  Are they all non-members until the members agree at
> the teleconference or meeting?

I suggest we make a list of all the members about whom there was any
doubt whatsoever (and for whom that doubt has now been resolved by a
submitted IPR agreement which is clearly valid), and approve them all on
the next call in a week's time, using conditional wording which makes no
determination on their previous status over the last few weeks:

The meeting agrees that the following companies have submitted valid
signed IPR agreements and that this makes them members of the Forum in
good standing: A, B, C..."

It would probably be a good idea for the four companies whose agreements
are slightly non-standard to fix the issues with their agreements before
next Thursday, and then to be included on that list.

> What do we do about ballots now open for vote?  How is quorum
> calculated and which votes will be counted?

I suggest we don't start the clock on any new ballots until this is
resolved.

The only open ballot is your ballot 168, on which voting began
yesterday. I suggest the best way of dealing with that is to make sure
it passes overwhelmingly with many votes among people whose status is
not in doubt, and not worry too much about what the quorum would have
been :-)