[cabfpub] Certificate validity periods

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Mar 30 20:25:19 UTC 2016

Yes - it'd make a few items in EV be revalidated more frequently. Basically, a 27 month requirement would create consistency amongst the certificate types for domain validation and phone validation. The rest of the validation can often be reused (under the EV Guidelines).

Considering the current BRs set the revalidation at 39 months, 27 months cuts off more than two years from the time to implement change.  (With renewal occurring in the last day of the month).  Two years is a huge improvement and, I think, a great first step.