[cabfpub] Formation of Governance Review Working Group
jodycl at microsoft.com
Fri Mar 25 19:03:00 UTC 2016
Microsoft votes yes
Sent from Outlook Mobile<https://aka.ms/vwm83r>. Yes, it works with gmail.
On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:56 AM -0700, "Dean Coclin" <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com<mailto:Dean_Coclin at symantec.com>> wrote:
Symantec votes YES
From: public-bounces at cabforum.org [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Dean Coclin
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2016 6:52 PM
To: CABFPub <public at cabforum.org>
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Formation of Governance Review Working Group
Slight revision to ballot below based on Gerv's recommendation to change the end date. This allows the group to see the ballots to conclusion.
From: public-bounces at cabforum.org<mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org> [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Dean Coclin
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:43 PM
To: CABFPub <public at cabforum.org<mailto:public at cabforum.org>>
Subject: [cabfpub] Formation of Governance Review Working Group
Ballot 165 - Formation of Governance Review Working Group
The following motion has been proposed by Dean Coclin of Symantec and endorsed by Robin Alden of Comodo and Kirk Hall of Trend Micro:
-- MOTION BEGINS --
In accordance with Section 5.3 of the CA/B Forum Bylaws, the chartering of a new working group by ballot is required. This Ballot proposes chartering of the Governance Review Working Group. The Working Group's charter will be as follows:
1. Consider revisions to the scope of the Forum to include possible additional topics such as code signing, SMIME and client certificate usages
2. Review the scope of the IPR and IP ownership issues
3. Consider options for representation of others in forum issues
4. Review voting rules and rights
5. Review admin functions
6. Examine making the forum an "official" organization (e.g. Incorporation)
7. Review how requirements and guideline documents would be structured in a newly organized forum would be done
The group's deliverables will be:
1. An extensive report with one or more proposals on possible changes to the Forum organization ("proposed structure")
2. A proposal on requirements and guideline document structure and proprietorship
3. A form of ballot or ballots to implement any recommendations
The Working Group shall expire once the deliverables have been completed and related ballots have been concluded.
-- MOTION ENDS -
The review period for this ballot shall commence at 2200 UTC on 17 March 2016, and will close at 2200 UTC on 24 March 2016. Unless the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period will start immediately thereafter and will close at 2200 UTC on 31 March 2016. Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread.
A vote in favor of the motion must indicate a clear 'yes' in the response. A vote against must indicate a clear 'no' in the response. A vote to abstain must indicate a clear 'abstain' in the response. Unclear responses will not be counted. The latest vote received from any representative of a voting member before the close of the voting period will be counted. Voting members are listed here: https://cabforum.org/members/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fcabforum.org%2fmembers%2f&data=01%7c01%7cjodycl%40microsoft.com%7c2cd7544f42a74cace28e08d354df2202%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=jgHAMlRw9NQWE96HPFa3ZKin6zcS031p951YYDAqVH4%3d>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public