[cabfpub] Reform of section 9.16.3

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Jul 22 08:31:51 UTC 2016

On 20/07/16 20:06, Moudrick M. Dadashov wrote:
> Kirk, we support your proposal and maybe the first sentence of (1)
> should be slightly modified (replaced "order" wit "act" and added "to"
> before the trailing comma):
>
> "In the event of a conflict between these Requirements and the laws or
> government act of any jurisdiction in which a CA operates or issues
> certificates to, <...>".

At least in the UK, a government Act has a special meaning - it's a
certain common type of law, but not the only way a government can impose
a requirement. Can we use a neutral word, like "requirement"?

"In the event of a conflict between these Requirements and the
requirements of any legal jurisdiction in which a CA operates or for
which a CA issues certificates, ..."