[cabfpub] Application for SHA-1 Issuance

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Mon Jul 18 14:18:35 UTC 2016

Gerv,

As you know, the procedure proposed by Google was discussed in Bilbao end of
May and was released in draft form on June 3rd. Then there was quite a bit of
discussion followed by a meeting (call) attended by industry representatives
on June 23rd (the minutes of which were not publicized until July 7th). While
it was hoped that Google would adjust the procedure, it was clear after that
meeting that no further adjustments would be made. Representatives of the
company began writing up their application which needed to be approved by
several layers in their organization. As you can imagine, it took time to get
all the approvals. Lastly, we had to do the key ceremony which as everyone now
knows, didn't go so well the first time. So yes, we could have sent it a few
days earlier but not months earlier.

Thanks
Dean