[cabfpub] Application for SHA-1 Issuance

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Jul 18 14:09:24 UTC 2016

[Re-send including customer]

On 16/07/16 00:48, Dean Coclin wrote:
> Enclosed please find the application for SHA-1 issuance presented on behalf
> of our client. Note that the application was fully completed by the client.

The date today is 18th July 2016. The new SHA-1 certificates are
apparently needed by 31st July 2016 - less than two weeks away. Several
months ago, when the first of these problems hit, there was a similarly
short deadline and I (and perhaps other browser vendors) said that we
would be very displeased if further requests emerged with short
deadlines - particularly if the problem had been known about for some
time - because it would look very like we were being bounced into saying
Yes.

Is there an explanation of why this request is appearing so close to the
deadline?