[cabfpub] Application for SHA-1 Issuance

Andrew R. Whalley awhalley at google.com
Tue Jul 19 09:05:47 MST 2016

Hello Dean,

> The response I received from TSYS regarding the OU value is as follows:
>
> "The value at the end of the OU, is an independent cryptographically
> created
> identity value used by TSYS Support for the sole purpose of identifying the
> site where the services terminate."

It would be useful to get more information on this point.  For example:

* Is this required for correct operation of the systems using the
certificates?
* Is the cryptographic operation something simple we could verify such as
the hash of the site name that could be provided?
* Are any earlier existing certs that have the same style of OU value
available for inspection?

Cheers,

Andrew