[cabfpub] Defining BR scope

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue Jan 26 21:55:29 UTC 2016

Agreed – and a very poor statement of inclusion since the proof is completely subjective on whether the user intended the cert for server authentication.  We’ve already seen cases where the cert is clearly able to be used for server authentication even if the intent wasn’t originally there. Sure the proposal I made was deficient, but it at least gave a date when all certs would be compliant (even if it is 5 years down the roead). Right now there is no future date when all certs would be compliant.