[cabfpub] OCSP Requirement for Root CA

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Wed Jan 13 18:03:11 UTC 2016

Is the requirement really clear?  Some browsers don't check OCSP for intermediates and use CRLs instead.   I can't remember our exact discussion of this, but at one time didn't we  determine that  OCSP for intermediates was a "SHOULD" not a "MUST" and then we changed it to a "MUST"?  (The BRs grant an exception if you implement OCSP stapling, but how does that align with the practical aspects of providing and performing certificate validation / revocation checking?