[cabfpub] Draft Agenda for CA-Browser Forum conference call on January 7th

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Wed Jan 6 18:52:27 UTC 2016

Based on previous discussions at the Mozilla policy forums, I think some examples of past names may help:

CN=Admin-Root-CA,OU=Certification Authorities,OU=Services,O=admin,C=ch
CN=Alpha CA,O=Alpha,OU=Alpha CA
CN=CFC Certificate Authority,OU=Internet Services,O=CFC
CN=rootca,OU=pki,O=global,C=ww
CN=Intermediate Certificate DV SSL CA,OU=Domain Validated SSL,O=Intermediate Certificate,C=NL
CN=UIS-Root-CA

I suspect that 7.1.2.2.h was written to try to avoid names like these.

Thanks,
Peter

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 10:11 AM, Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to better understand the context for the rule and provide some examples to see if they pass the test. This is a new item and has not been discussed before
>
> Dean
>

>> On Jan 6, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Peter Bowen <pzb at amzn.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dean,
>>
>> Any chance you could provide a preview or slightly more detailed summary of the 7.1.2.2.h topic?  I haven’t heard this come up from the WGs, but I might have missed an email over the holidays.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>>
>>> On Jan 6, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I’ve added one item to the agenda during the former open slot.
>>>
>>> Dean

>>> Start(UTC)
>>> Stop
>>> Slot
>>> Description
>>> Notes / Presenters
>>> (Thur) 7th January 2016
>>>
>>> 0:01
>>> 16:00
>>> 16:01
>>> 1
>>> Read Antitrust Statement
>>> Robin
>>> 0:02
>>> 16:01
>>> 16:03
>>> 2
>>> Roll Call
>>> Dean
>>> 0:01
>>> 16:03
>>> 16:04
>>> 3
>>> Review Agenda
>>> Dean
>>> 0:01
>>> 16:04
>>> 16:05
>>> 4
>>> Approve Minutes of 10 Dec 2015
>>> Sent by Dean on Dec 21st
>>> 0:05
>>> 16:05
>>> 16:10
>>> 5
>>> Upcoming Policy WG Ballots
>>> Ben
>>> 0:15
>>> 16:10
>>> 16:25
>>> 6
>>> Any further discussion on LV certs?
>>> Jeremy and potential guest speaker
>>> 0:10
>>> 16:25
>>> 16:35
>>> 7
>>> Proposed “Mis-issuance” Ballot from Opera
>>> Sigbjorn
>>> 0:05
>>> 16:35
>>> 16:40
>>> 8
>>> Discussion of “generic names” as mentioned in BR 7.1.2.2.h
>>> Dean
>>> 0:05
>>> 16:40
>>> 16:45
>>> 9
>>> PAG Status? and upcoming ballot
>>> Ben
>>> 0:05
>>> 16:45
>>> 16:50
>>> 10
>>> Validation Working GroupStatus Update and proposed ballots
>>> Jeremy/Kirk
>>> 0:02
>>> 16:50
>>> 16:52
>>> 11
>>> Code Signing Working GroupStatus: Ballot results and next steps
>>> Dean
>>> 0:02
>>> 16:52
>>> 16:54
>>> 12
>>> Policy Review Working Group Status Update
>>> Ben
>>> 0:02
>>> 16:54
>>> 16:56
>>> 13
>>> Information Sharing Working Group Update
>>> Ben
>>> 0:03
>>> 16:56
>>> 16:59
>>> 14
>>> Any Other Business – Bilbao date adjustment, update on Feb F2F meeting
>>> Dean
>>> 0:00
>>> 17:00
>>> 17:00
>>> 15
>>> Next teleconference scheduled for Jan 21st.
>>> 0:00
>>> 17:00
>>> 17:00
>>> 16