[cabfpub] Ballot 161 - Notification of incorrect issuance

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Sat Jan 30 14:41:28 MST 2016

We have some reservations about this ballot, although they are not identical to Doug's. Instead, we see this ballot as fairly duplicative of the efforts already invested in Certificate Transparency.  Creating another reporting mechanism, when we've just recently had everyone implement CT, seems like a waste of resources that would be better spent on moving towards mandatory logging of all certificates. We'd much rather see a ballot that accelerates CT adoption over these more ambiguous reporting requirements.  If every cert is logged, the monitors can easily parse the information for relevant BR/EV compliance.