[cabfpub] OCSP Requirement for Root CA

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Fri Jan 15 11:01:56 MST 2016

Ken,

Note that OCSP for root CAs like yours is only required to refresh the responses once every twelve months, when things are going well.  This is the same frequency as CRL updates.  It is entirely possible to sign the OCSP responses during the same ceremony where you sign the CRLs or new subordinates and then just serve those as static files.  CA/B Forum does not require the OCSP responder to support nonces so dynamic response generation is not a requirement.

Thanks,
Peter