[cabfpub] RFC5280

Tim Hollebeek THollebeek at trustwave.com
Wed Feb 24 19:42:49 UTC 2016

I have specifically encountered non-browser use cases where the 64 character limit caused it to be difficult or impossible to uniquely or accurately  identify the subject or organization, because there were values that were longer than 64 characters.  So this isn’t a theoretical problem.

It would be a good thing to bring up once we have a forum for non-browser use cases.

-Tim