[cabfpub] Ballot 160 - Amend Section 4 of Baseline Requirements - CFCA
BVanCannon at trustwave.com
Wed Feb 3 20:10:46 UTC 2016
Trustwave votes Yes on Ballot 160.
From: public-bounces at cabforum.org<mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org> [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Ben Wilson
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:52 PM
To: CABFPub <public at cabforum.org<mailto:public at cabforum.org>>
Subject: [cabfpub] Ballot 160 - Amend Section 4 of Baseline Requirements
Ballot 160 - Amend Section 4 of Baseline Requirements
The Policy Review Working Group has reviewed Section 4 of the Baseline Requirements and, as a result, suggests that certain changes be made. Therefore, the following motion has been proposed by Ben Wilson of DigiCert and endorsed by Tim Hollebeek of Trustwave and Kirk Hall of TrendMicro:
-- MOTION BEGINS --
1) In Sections 4.2.3, 4.3.2, 4.4.1, 4.4.2, 4.4.3, 4.5.2, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.6.3, 4.6.4, 4.6.5, 4.6.6, 4.6.7., 4.7.1, 4.7.2, 4.7.3, 4.7.4, 4.7.5, 4.7.6, 4.7.7, 4.8.1, 4.8.2, 4.8.3, 4.8.4, 4.8.5, 4.8.6, 4.8.7, 4.9.4, 4.9.8, 4.10.3, 4.11, and 4.12.1, add "No stipulation."
2) In Sections 4.9.14, 4.9.15, 4.9.16, and 4.12.2, add "Not applicable."
3) In Section 4.5.1, add "See Section 9.6.3, provisions 2. and 4."
4) In Section 4.9.2, add "The Subscriber can initiate revocation. Third parties can request revocation in accordance with Section 4.9.3. See also Section 3.4."
5) In Section 4.9.6, add "No stipulation. (Note: Following certificate issuance, a certificate may be revoked for reasons stated in Section 4.9.1. Therefore, relying parties should check the revocation status of all certificates that contain a CDP or OCSP pointer.)"
-- MOTION ENDS --
The review period for this ballot shall commence at 2300 UTC on 21 January 2016, and will close at 2300 UTC on 28 January 2016. Unless the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period will start immediately thereafter and will close at 2300 UTC on 4 February 2016. Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread.
A vote in favor of the motion must indicate a clear 'yes' in the response. A vote against must indicate a clear 'no' in the response. A vote to abstain must indicate a clear 'abstain' in the response. Unclear responses will not be counted. The latest vote received from any representative of a voting member before the close of the voting period will be counted. Voting members are listed here: https://cabforum.org/members/<http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=g7Sx1o4ze3QzMHzKwcT4eeXNpen0JvUSw5YALDuGyw&s=5&u=https%3a%2f%2fcabforum%2eorg%2fmembers%2f>
In order for the motion to be adopted, two thirds or more of the votes cast by members in the CA category and greater than 50% of the votes cast by members in the browser category must be in favor. Quorum is currently nine (9) members- at least nine members must participate in the ballot, either by voting in favor, voting against, or abstaining.
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public