[cabfpub] Subject field of Subordinate CAs

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Wed Feb 10 11:40:00 MST 2016

> On 10 Feb 2016, at 9:53 AM, Jeremy Rowley <jeremy.rowley at digicert.com> wrote:
>
> Not yet, but we might if we have the trademark license. More likely it would be with "CyberTrust" or "Omniroot", which are not entities legally owned by DigiCert.

It seems like these are things that would go in the OU or CN fields, not O?

Verizon seems like a good case showing why trademarks should not be allowed.  How is anyone to know that you’d be the one issuing certificates under the Verizon name, and not the giant cellco?  But if it said OU=Verizon Cybertrust CA and O=DigiCert, that’s clear.