[cabfpub] Sunset for exceptions?

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue Feb 2 23:24:01 MST 2016

Yes. I'll support that

Peter Bowen <pzb at amzn.com> wrote:

I received one late suggestion to also add a third item to the ballot to address one other exception.  This one is a little different as it removes the expiration of the exception rather than removing the exception.

"3) Modify Section 5 of Appendix F of the EV Guidelines to replace the last sentence with the following sentence:

When a Domain Name with “onion” as the right most label is included in a certificate that complies with this Appendix, the Domain Name shall not be considered an Internal Name."

This removes the contingency on IESG action, as RFC 7686 was approved for publication by the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG), has been published by the RFC Editor, and onion. has been added to the Special-Use Domain Names list by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority.

Do at least three of members agree to include this in the ballot?

Thanks,
Peter