[cabfpub] Ballot 161 - Notification of incorrect issuance

"Barreira Iglesias, Iñigo" i-barreira at izenpe.eus
Mon Feb 1 01:34:00 MST 2016

Well, not so easy. For sure it affects all EU CAs, but also non EU CAs that are affected or are going to be affected by eIDAS, for example, Globalsign is in Belgium, I think, they´re affected. If Comodo is joining the UK TL, then, it will be affected, if Symantec is going to be established somewhere in Europe, then will be affected, ... and also for those that have agreed with the EU. The article 19 mandates for qualified and non qualified under MS supervision, so established in Europe.
Actually, there are about 150 qualified TSPs in the EU TL and a similar number of non qualified TSPs, so, it´s a big number to notice and most of them haven´t ever heard of CABF.

And it´s not only an email, which is not a big issue, but also to make a report with some information that maybe is not requested by the regulation, so, I wouldn´t like to make 2 reports (probably will be similar, but don´t know now) and another issue is the effectiveness, which is very appropriate as per eIDAS but again, don´t know if the ENISA procedure & tool will be ready by then.

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.eus
945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.