[cabfpub] Help to support SHA-1 for POS terminals

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Thu Apr 7 16:46:06 UTC 2016

Doug,

I agree there needs to be a vendor-neutral process.  I just finally hit send on a reply to Dean’s email from a month ago that proposes an option.

A different option that might work for many terminals would be to create a new CA with a cross-cert with an EKU extension that contains a custom key purpose.  I suspect that many terminals do not implement EKU constraining of CAs while browsers so, so that might be a more generic solution.

Thanks,
Peter