[cabfpub] Spurious spaces in BR PDFs

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at letsencrypt.org
Mon Apr 25 20:30:48 UTC 2016

(Changing subject)

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 1:22 PM, Alex Wight (awight) <awight at cisco.com>
 wrote:

>   I'd like to address a formatting issue I've run into several times while
> attempting to search for something within the Baseline Requirements or
> copying+pasting from the document.
>   In the Baseline Requirements PDF document, unnecessary whitespace such
> as a tab character is introduced such that a couple of problems arise:

I've noticed the same problem. I definitely think it's something we should
address. This may be one reason to start using the nice toolchain Peter
Bowen developed to auto-generate PDFs from source documents, as described
at https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2016-April/007214.html.

For instance,
https://cabforum-travis-artifacts.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/builds/master/BR.pdf
doesn't seem to have the problem with spurious spaces.