[cabfpub] Proposed Ballot 168 - RFC Conflicts

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Fri Apr 15 14:19:51 MST 2016

As there is concern that the changes in section 7 of the BR in Ballot 167 would have an unintended consequences, I’m proposing this ballot.  I hope that this will resolve those concerns.

Thanks,
Peter

Ballot 168: RFC Conflicts

The following motion has been proposed by Peter Bowen of Amazon and endorsed by _____________________.

Background: Ballot 167 added an explicit list of RFCs to which Certificates and Certificate Revocation Lists must conform.  The ballot was not clear that the Baseline Requirements can specify exceptions to the RFC conformance requirement.  This is ballot makes such clear.

----BEGIN MOTION----

Retroactive to the date of passage of ballot 167, append the following sentence to the introduction paragraph of section 7 of the Baseline Requirements:

"Where there is a conflict between these Requirements and an RFC, these Requirements control.”

----END MOTION----

The review period for this ballot shall commence as soon as two endorsements are received and shall close one week later.  Unless the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period shall start immediately thereafter and shall close one week after start.