[cabfpub] Ballot 150 - OIDs - CHANGE TO VOTING PERIOD (starts tomorrow)

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Sep 3 18:49:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com <
kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

> On the CA-Browser Forum teleconference today, the proposer and two
> endorsers of Ballot 150 agreed to CHANGE the voting period in the ballot by
> extending it one week.

I'm not sure our bylaws permit this. Section 2.2 covers how Ballots are
managed.

While onerous and no doubt annoying and frustrating, we should follow our
bylaws in the little things, just as we should the big things.

According to the first email, the ballot period ends on September 4, with
the only exception being withdrawing the ballot.

If you're withdrawing the ballot, then it would need to be resubmitted,
with at least 7 days for review and at least 7 days for voting, per our
bylaws.

I realize this is a procedural quibble, but bylaws are important :)