[cabfpub] Final Domain Validation Methods pre-ballot for Forum consideration

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Oct 15 12:12:46 MST 2015

Reposting on behalf of Peter Bowen

Kirk,

Thank you and all the validation working group members for publishing this
draft.  I think these changes will overall strengthen the validation
processes.
However, I think two of the new methods might have .

In Item J, it suggests that the random token is only valid for a FQDN
validation.  I think DNS validation should be allowed for domain
hierarchies in addition to specific FQDNs.  A domain registrant should be
able to choose to approve all FQDNs under corp.example.com by adding a
record for corp.example.com.

Conversely, in item K, using Authorization Domain seems in appropriate.
Just because I control the IP address of corp.example.com doesn't mean I
have control payments.corp.example.com.

I hope that the VWG considers this feedback for the next draft.

Thanks,
Peter