[cabfpub] Ballot 152 - Issuance of SHA-1 certificates through 2016

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Oct 2 13:59:03 MST 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Rick Andrews <Rick_Andrews at symantec.com>
wrote:

> The review period for this ballot shall commence at 2200 UTC on Monday, October
> 2, 2015, and will close at 2200 UTC on Monday, October 9, 2015. Unless
> the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period will
> start immediately thereafter and will close at 2200 UTC on Monday, October
> 16, 2015. Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread.

Rick, it would appear either the days or the dates are wrong for this
ballot. October 2, 2015 is a Friday, as is October 16.

Am I correct in assuming that the review period begins today, Friday,
October 2, 2015, and continues to Friday, October 9, 2015. Voting then
concludes on Friday, October 16, 2015?

Can you also indicate whether the goal of such a ballot is to support
browser-mediated connections to servers, or is this to enable internal
systems outside of browser use cases?