[cabfpub] Merging BRs and EVGLs

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Oct 1 09:34:31 MST 2015

On 01/10/15 17:32, Silva, Marcelo wrote:
> Hi all, I thought we have discussed on having the EV Guidelines as an
> appendix and not fully integrated into the BR, like we noticed in
> this merged document. In this format, the requirements are mixed
> under the same topic for regular and EV certificates, and It would
> bring some confusion during internal and external audits processes,
> mainly for CAs that don't provide EV certificates.

This is precisely why the merging would be optional. To be clear: in
this plan, the documents would be maintaine _separately_ going forward,
but people could (at any time they wanted) create a merged version if
that was more useful to them.

This is how everyone wins - those who want separate documents have them,
and those who wanted merged documents can make them.