[cabfpub] FW: Extension of period allowing .onion certificates

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Mon Nov 23 18:52:21 UTC 2015

I already stated my reasons in my prior message – and I was concerned that we had a deadline that was preventing CAs and customers from doing something they wanted to do.

Yes, I recall your earlier email – but it mentions “concerns” that should be “taken into consideration and balanced.”  (Your message was in response to an individual who wanted an .onion cert).  So is Google’s absolute position that .onion certs should not be issued as DV or OV certs?  Only as EV certs?