[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 156 - Amend Sections 1 and 2 of Baseline Requirements
THollebeek at trustwave.com
Thu Nov 5 09:21:48 MST 2015
From: public-bounces at cabforum.org [mailto:public-bounces at cabforum.org] On Behalf Of Ben Wilson
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2015 11:04 AM
Subject: [cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 156 - Amend Sections 1 and 2 of Baseline Requirements
Here is a pre-ballot draft of Ballot 156 - Amend Sections 1 and 2 of Baseline Requirements as recommended for adoption by the Policy Review Working Group. I've attached a redlined version of the BRs. I am looking for endorsers.
The Policy Review Working Group has reviewed the Baseline Requirements, and as a result the following motion has been proposed by Ben Wilson of DigiCert and endorsed by __ of __ and __ of __.
-- MOTION BEGINS --
1) In Section 1.1, under Notice to Readers add a second sentence "This document serves two purposes: to specify Baseline Requirements and to provide guidance and requirements for what a CA should include in its CPS."
2) In Section 1.4.2 add "No stipulation."
3) In Section 1.5.2 add "Contact information for the CA/Browser Forum is available here: https://cabforum.org/leadership/<http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=jf671v7igMffHx1Ky_UMUrtbhkhXHjOaMDGFxyk5Ug&s=5&u=https%3a%2f%2fcabforum%2eorg%2fleadership%2f>
In this section of a CA's CPS, the CA shall provide a link to a web page or an email address for contacting the person or persons responsible for operation of the CA."
4) In Section 1.5.3 add "No stipulation."
5) In Section 1.5.4 add "No stipulation."
6) In Section 2.3 add "The CA SHALL develop, implement, enforce, and annually update a Certificate Policy and/or Certification Practice Statement that describes in detail how the CA implements the latest version of these Requirements."
7) In Section 2.4 add "The CA shall make its Repository public available in a read-only manner."
-- MOTION ENDS --
The review period for this ballot shall commence at November 2015, and will close at November 2015. Unless the motion is withdrawn during the review period, the voting period will start immediately thereafter and will close at November 2015. Votes must be cast by posting an on-list reply to this thread.
A vote in favor of the motion must indicate a clear 'yes' in the response. A vote against must indicate a clear 'no' in the response. A vote to abstain must indicate a clear 'abstain' in the response. Unclear responses will not be counted. The latest vote received from any representative of a voting member before the close of the voting period will be counted. Voting members are listed here: https://cabforum.org/members/<http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062&d=jf671v7igMffHx1Ky_UMUrtbhkhXHjOaMDzYmCs-Ag&s=5&u=https%3a%2f%2fcabforum%2eorg%2fmembers%2f>
In order for the motion to be adopted, two thirds or more of the votes cast by members in the CA category and greater than 50% of the votes cast by members in the browser category must be in favor. Quorum is currently nine (9) members- at least nine members must participate in the ballot, either by voting in favor, voting against, or abstaining.
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Public