[cabfpub] Potential Discussion Item for Thursday's Call

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Tue May 12 22:00:40 UTC 2015

Last week the Policy Review Working Group reviewed version 1.3 of the
Baseline Requirements (BRs) and compared it with version 1.2.5 of the BRs
and RFC 3647.   We only got through section 6--we didn't get to Sections 7,
8 or 9.  We identified gaps and labelled them as "No Stipulation/Not
Applicable" (Yellow), "Important to Address" (Magenta), "Potential Content"
(Light Blue) (for sections where we thought something should/could go), and
we identified a few places where a cross-reference would avoid redundancy
(Red).   See below.

I'll circulate our review of sections 7, 8 and 9 after the next working
group meeting, but I'm sending this out just in case anyone wants to discuss
this on Thursday's call.

BR v.1.3

Title

Title in BR v. 1.2.5 / Proposed Resolution of Gap

1

Introduction

Intro

1.1.

Overview

Scope

1.2.

Document name and Identification

Reserved Certificate Policy Identifiers

1.2.1.

Revisions

Document History

1.2.2.

Relevant Dates

Relevant Compliance Dates

1.3.

PKI Participants

1.3.1.

Certification Authorities

Intro

1.3.2.

Registration Authorities

1.3.3.

Subscribers

1.3.4.

Relying Parties

Intro

1.3.5.

Other Participants

Intro

1.4.

Certificate Usage

Purpose

1.4.1.

Appropriate Certificate Uses

1.4.2.

Prohibited Certificate Uses

No Stipulation

1.5.

Policy administration

Notice to Readers

1.5.1

Organization administering the document

Notice to Readers

1.5.2

Contact Person

Potential content

1.5.3

Person determining CPS suitability for the policy

No Stipulation

1.5.4

CPS approval procedures

No Stipulation