[cabfpub] Bylaw update proposal

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Tue Mar 24 04:34:21 UTC 2015

If they “operate a certification authority,” have current WebTrust and BR WebTrust audits (or ETSI equivalents), and “actively issue certificates to Web servers that are openly accessible from the Internet using any one of the mainstream browsers,” apply to join, and can otherwise demonstrate what we ask for in the Bylaws with their application, then I think the answer is yes.

I’m not sure if the companies listed below have unconstrained subCAs or constrained subCAs (or do they have their own roots?).  If they only have constrained subCAs, then maybe they aren’t really “operating a certification authority” and would not qualify for membership.