[cabfpub] EV Wildcards

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Fri Mar 20 19:56:32 UTC 2015

"If mywebshop.appspot.com has an EV cert, what I want to know is who is running that business, and how I contact _them_ (or what info I can give to the police). Contact info for Google is not very useful in that circumstance!"

Gerv-I feel the same way when I see a site that has an OV cert issued to Cloudflare. The website business has nothing to do with Cloudflare yet all I can see in the cert is Cloudflare's name and OU info with about 20-30 SANs for unaffiliated names. And I'm not even sure how those names were vetted. As you said in the face to face, this is not a good situation.

Dean