[cabfpub] Pre-Ballot 146 - Convert Baseline Requirements to RFC 3647 Framework

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Mar 13 23:36:33 UTC 2015

On 10/03/15 22:50, Ryan Sleevi wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2015 10:43 PM, "Ben Wilson" <ben.wilson at digicert.com
> <mailto:ben.wilson at digicert.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I forgot to mention.  The current plan is to adopt these, then add in
> the EV Guidelines for SSL, and then add in the Network Security
> requirements, and then code signing, ETSI/NIST language, etc.  A benefit
> of this plan is a reduction in the number of documents we have to handle.
>
> I am at a loss to understand why that is at all a good thing.

Yes, this seems surprising to me too. Reformatting the BRs in another
format is one thing; combining all the CABF documents into a single
document is quite another. The former, we'll go along with if others
want it. The latter, not.

Multiple documents is a feature when you are addressing multiple
audiences. :-)