[cabfpub] Assumed names and organization names

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Mar 10 16:59:50 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 02:56 PM, Rich Smith wrote:

> I'm not necessarily opposed, but I do get customers who specifically
> buy OV rather than EV certs because they operate different and
> competing brands as DBAs under a common corporate ownership, and don't
> want the relationship between the two brands disclosed.

Well, that's exactly what I actually don't want - and I assume some
software vendors have a similar problem with that.

I'm the opinion that the legal entity should be always disclosed,
otherwise why perform a validation and include /some/ name if it can't
be really (easily) tracked to a legal entity. There must be value in
details included in a certificate or otherwise omit it (I assume there
are many CAs willing to issue DV certs for just about any domain).

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO