[cabfpub] Intermediate certificate names

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Wed Mar 11 07:38:33 MST 2015

Hi Peter,

I don’t think we've removed the requirements for what goes into CA certificates.  Attempting to describe what goes into the issuer field is not relevant, it MUST be the same as the Subject DN of the issuing CA, there are no other options.  Given this, a good description of what can go into the subject DN of certificates (CAs and SSL) is a good idea.  But, do we need to go further than what is documented today (CAs must follow their CPS when issuing subordinate CAs)?  This task was primarily driven by a recent audit finding for one CA which the other CAs do not believe is a finding, so clarifying the misleading section seems like the best immediate solution.  I think the auditor will reverse his findings based on this update (which is the goal of this proposed ballot).

Doug