[cabfpub] Reposting on behalf of others

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Mar 2 12:11:32 MST 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:05 AM, Eddy Nigg <eddy_nigg at startcom.org> wrote:

> On 03/02/2015 08:59 PM, Dean Coclin wrote:
>
> I don’t believe people need to be “invited” to become interested parties
> (at least I don’t see that in our Bylaws section 3.2). But I do see that
> Adrien has signed the IPR policy yesterday and therefore he can be granted
> access to post to the public mailing list. Hence, reposting messages after
> that point in time should be ok. But I do agree that messages prior to that
> shouldn’t have been reposted.
>

> Wayne-can you please grant him posting privileges to the public list?
>

> Dean, not so fast....nobody has received such rights besides the members
> and Ryan is right that we should make a decision first that can be applied
> equally to anybody interested.

Eddy,

Our bylaws permit Interested Parties from executing the IPR and
participating in the public list. See Section 3.2 of the Bylaws, in
particular item (b).

The question on process is simply how must we confirm an Interested Party.
Membership applications are explicitly spelled out in 2.1, item (c) as
requiring a vote. However, no such process for Associate Members or
Interested Parties is spelled out. Historically, that's been through simple
voice confirmation on a teleconference - much in the same way that we
haven't followed the explicit ballot procedures of item (c) and also held
voice votes for membership applications.