[cabfpub] FW: [cabfquest] Ballot 114 - Security concerns on verifying "ownership" of .onion domain names

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Sun Mar 1 11:59:07 MST 2015

Fair enough.

I do, however, hope you take the time to review the past discussion, as it
explains why Adrien's analysis and conclusions are not quite correct, and
why the distinction of 1024-bit vs 2048-bit or, for that matter, of SHA-1
vs SHA-2, are nowhere near the critical hole they were presented as. I
should also hope that the fact that it is I who am saying that - one of the
most ardent opponents of weak crypto - should hopefully assuage some of
those concerns.

Best