[cabfpub] [cabfPAG] Function of the PAG

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Wed Jul 29 04:41:34 UTC 2015

Ryan, I suggest you start participating in the Validation Working Group.  We have already been discussing all the issues you discuss below – what it the best way to formulate domain validation methods – and it is not useful to switch the existing conversations back and forth between the VWG and the PAG.  To be frank, I don’t understand what you are saying below.  Are you proposing that we move the current ballot on updating domain validation methods from the VWG to the PAG?  If so, why?  The PAG’s purpose is to examine BRs and EVGLs that are fully formulated against disclosed patents.  How is a draft proposal that has not yet been approved relevant to the PAG?

Again, this conversation has been going on for six months in the VWG, so I suggest it return there, and I hope you will participate.