[cabfpub] [cabfPAG] Function of the PAG

kirk_hall at trendmicro.com kirk_hall at trendmicro.com
Wed Jul 29 02:47:44 UTC 2015

I stand corrected on Ben’s not sharing the draft with the VWG – I hadn’t looked at it closely.  I apologize, Ben – but I don’t think the changes you are proposing make are an improvement over the current format of clearly enumerated validation methods, which we can discuss on Thursday’s call.

I asked Richard for an example of the new format for domain validation he wanted (general concept with an example), as I have doubts about whether it can be audited by WebTrust auditors (they can’t deal very well with auditing general concepts, and strongly prefer specifics instead for auditing purposes).  That is still an open issue, and something I suggested we should first review with Don Sheehy and the other WebTrust representatives to the Forum

In any case, the purpose of the PAG is to examine final ballot proposals and actual adopted BRs and EVGLs against patents which have been disclosed, so I think this discussion goes beyond the ambit of the PAG.