[cabfpub] Age of certificate data

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Jul 31 01:35:47 MST 2015

On 07/30/2015 08:12 PM, Doug Beattie wrote:
> It appears that you can only re-use Certificate Data in support of
> Routine Re-key requests now, is that true?  I could imagine some CAs
> wanting to validate a domain once and let the enterprise re-use that
> data for the time specified in support of issuing new certificates.

Even though I can see a particular situation for certain enterprise use
(lets say an intermediate CA or similar product), considering relying on
a domain control validation for 39 month sounds to me pretty dangerous
and nuts. If that was the original intention I believe this should be
changed.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO