[cabfpub] [cabfPAG] Function of the PAG

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Jul 28 20:42:07 MST 2015

On Jul 28, 2015 7:47 PM, "kirk_hall at trendmicro.com" <
kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

> In any case, the purpose of the PAG is to examine final ballot proposals
and actual adopted BRs and EVGLs against patents which have been disclosed,
so I think this discussion goes beyond the ambit of the PAG.

That's not true, and again, it is unfortunate you were unable to make the
call, since we spent significant time discussing the purpose of the PAG.
Please also read the bylaws you posted earlier, and my original request for
a PAG. You can see section 7.1's final sentence - a disclosure is not
required for the formation of a PAG, but can be formed to avoid issues.
Further, as you examine the rest of Section 7, you can further see support
for providing feedback on Drafts (not adopted or final proposals). You can
further see my original request for the formation of a PAG, which is to
provide clarity for our IPR policies, so that we can avoid potential issues
- especially as the Validation WG iterates on drafts towards a final
proposal.

Hopefully this clarifies some of what was discussed on the call, and what
was previously echo'd on the lists.