[cabfpub] [cabfPAG] Function of the PAG

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Jul 28 18:58:42 MST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com <
kirk_hall at trendmicro.com> wrote:

> Actually, the list-serv is a great place to clarify any confusion, as all
> members are included.  What inaccurate conclusions did I draw?
>

> Again, I’m extremely surprised that Ben’s new draft has not been
> distributed yet to the Validation Working Group, but was sent to the PAG
> instead.  Ben, can you clarify?

Among others, that Ben hadn't circulated the draft, which isn't true.

You can see Ben's email to the validation WG -
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2015-July/000079.html -
circulating this draft. It was in response to Richard Barnes' remark, at
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2015-July/000076.html , which you
replied to expressing a desire to better understand how it might look -
https://cabforum.org/pipermail/validation/2015-July/000077.html - which Ben
has thus provided.

As towards the inaccurate conclusions of the PAG, I'm not sure where to
begin, but it would help I think to wait for the minutes, as well as the
draft attempt at the scope of the PAG. Among other things discussed on the
call you were unable to attend, but which will be reflected in the minutes,
is the desire to avoid the specific enumeration of IPR and instead focus on
understanding the applicability of the IPR policy's definition of Essential
Claims as it applies to such enumerations as 3.2.2.4.