[cabfpub] IV OID Ballot 150

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Fri Jul 17 07:24:10 MST 2015

Is there an expected date for when CAs MUST start using this new OID (and perhaps givenName/surname vs. organizationName) if they issue SSL certificates to individuals?   If so, we should include the effective date for this in the ballot.  If there is no date, then can CAs continue to issue SSL certificates to individuals following the current practices indefinitely (ignore MS requirements for a minute as I'm sure we're all negotiating different schedules with them for compliance with their new Root agreement).

Doug