[cabfpub] Ballot 141 - Reposted

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Jan 13 10:39:15 UTC 2015

On 12/01/15 13:45, i-barreira at izenpe.net wrote:
> FYI regarding insurance. This is what current national law says
> (regarding the directive/regulation) to the CAs which issues qualified
> certificates. And, IMHO, this is not going to change, or at least not
> significantly.
>
> So, this means, that I´ll still need my insurance.

Sure. I'm sure that if one or both of the ballots passes, many, most or
even all CAs will still take out some forms of insurance.

The question is not "do some CAs require insurance?", or "is it a good
idea for some CAs to have insurance?", the question is: "is it right
that the CAB Forum mandate that all CAs, whatever their jurisdiction or
business plans, have the particular form of insurance currently
documented in the BRs?"