[cabfpub] Chrome security warning discrepancy?

Tony Rutkowski tony at yaanatech.com
Mon Jan 26 13:31:27 MST 2015

:-)

As a few of the CAB old boys know,  I spent several
years running the cybersecurity group in ITU-T where
I evangelized the Forum's work, rewrote the original
spec to meet international standards formatting requirements
and even included the EVcert spec as a significant component
of the cybersecurity framework in X.1500.  Part of that
evangelization included the Forum doing what is now
being discussed.

So it's commendable the the Forum is proceeding, and it
should just do it.  It is the right international body for any
number of reasons, and will be widely recognized.  No one
is going to do the job for you.

The only comparable effort I've seen is the Traffic
Light Protocol as a cybersecurity information sensitivity
indicator.  That was originally advanced by the UK
government and has now been picked up by most
of the national CERTs.