[cabfpub] Preballot for IPv6 Support

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Feb 19 23:42:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<philliph at comodo.com> wrote:
> Actually it would work fine since an IPv6 client would not talk to the authoritative directly anyway, it would go through a recursive that is probably dual stack unless you are playing the DNS64 game.

In theory, yes.
In practice, no.

I know what the RFCs say. I also know that RFCs are invitations for
users to go buckwild and do their own thing :)

Rather than worry about the many weird and wild ways in which users,
enterprises, and network operators configure things, I think being
explicit here on the expectations of infrastructure is the best
solution for all.