[cabfpub] Baseline requirements for codesigning - Feb 4 2015.doc

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Mon Feb 16 09:50:51 UTC 2015

Jody,

The auditor can be certified, can have a CISA, ISO27001 lead auditor, CISSP, etc. but does not entitled him to perform an ETSI audit. Of course is good to have, but is the auditing body that is allowed to perform an ETSI audit. And in their internal reqs they request their auditors to have those certifications or others. That has to be defined by the National Accreditation Body on the requirements to fulfill by the auditing body, in this case AuditCo.

If AuditCo meets the requirements, then it can be incorporated in the list of its NAB and therefore perform ETSI audits if ETSI is one of the admitted ones (otherwise you can´t be on the list, of course). Once AuditCo is accredited in its NAB according to whatever national scheme able to performing ETSI audits, then you can hire them even if you´re not, as a CA, belonging to that country.

Again, if we take Izenpe as a CA that wants to have an ETSI accredited audit (of course I can have ETSI audit but not accredited) then I have to look for Auditing bodies accredited in their countries (in Spain we don´t have), then I found that in Germany, TUV IT is accredited in its NAB according to the ISO standards requested and able to perform ETSI audits.

And yes, it´s not easy, not for me as a CA and not for you as a RP. As said, we´re working on improving the language (the requisites are not so easy as it depends on every country). Hopefully I can provide some inputs for the F2F

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net <mailto:i-barreira at izenpe.net>

945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.