[cabfpub] Domain Validation Revision

Tim Shirley TShirley at trustwave.com
Fri Feb 13 17:24:54 UTC 2015

While we're in this section, do we want to consider removing the "registrant" address from item 3 as one of the WHOIS options?  I only mention it because Mozilla lists only the technical and administrative fields as acceptable options at https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:Problematic_Practices#Email_Address_Prefixes_for_DV_Certs.  Or was that simply an oversight on Mozilla's part?

I realize specific browser programs can and do make their requirements more stringent than the Baseline Requirements, and that this is not even a requirement from Mozilla as of yet.  But that page says discussion is underway to make it mandatory, and if indeed Mozilla does not consider the registrant field to be acceptable for validating domain control, then it might reduce potential confusion to include the same restriction here.

Regards,
Tim